Street fighting is serious business. At some point during a street fight, you'll likely find yourself on the ground with an opponent who's not going to stop until you're unconscious. Do you have the grappling skills needed to prevent this from happening to you? In volume two of this exclusive video series from Paladin Press, Urban Combatives instructor Lee Morrison reveals real-world tactics to shut down a threat quickly and violently . . . before it goes to the ground. Using ballistic manipulation, violence and speed, Lee teaches you gouging, ripping and biting tactics designed to stop a grappler cold. And if the fight does go to the ground, Lee demonstrates how to cover up and get back on your feet and in the fight fast. Unlike in the ring, there are no rules in a street fight, so you must do whatever it takes to overpower your opponent. Whether you are engaged in stand-up grappling or you find yourself on your back in an alley, you'll be ready with the counter-grappling tactics taught in this no-frills, survival-oriented video. For information purposes only.
"Lee Morrison is one of the nicest guys I know - until he's not. A no-shit tough guy who's earned my respect, Lee's intimacy with violence was developed over decades in the doorways of rough clubs and pubs in the UK where being a doorman is a professional pursuit and markedly different than in the US. Not only is he physically skilled, he understands violent behavior and blends together a psychological, verbal, and physical approach that is both relevant and practical. Lee's no poseur - he's fit, tough and walks the talk. Pay attention, you won't be sorry."
Lee Morrison was born in Southeast London during the latter part of the 1960s to a single parent on a low income. Coming from a rough area and humble beginnings, he learned two things early on: that you have to stand up for yourself and that people treat you the way you let them. He began karate when he was 11 years old, training in various styles for the next seven years, but sought combat proficiency elsewhere after his karate moves failed him during a mugging by two thugs outside a London tube station. Over the years he has trained in Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Filipino weapon systems, wrestling, and Western boxing and combatives, but it was only after he started working as a club doorman that his urban combatives learning curve kicked in. He rapidly realized the need to whittle down his fighting moves to one or two good strikes that worked against all attacks.
DVD CHAPTER LIST 1) Vertical Clinch
- Striking from Restriction
- Gouging with Pads
- Ripping and Ballistic Manipulation
2) Horizontal Clinch
- Pin Drill #1: Positions of Dominance
- Pin Drill #2: Attacking from Positions of Dominance
- Pin Drill #3: Avoiding the Ground
- Pin Drill #4: Avoiding the Mount
- Pin Drill #5: Avoiding the Mount Pad Drill
- Pin Drill #6: Covering Up
- Pin Drill #7: Getting Back to Your Feet
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.