Premier sniping authority John Plaster returns in this third installment of his best-selling Ultimate Sniper video series. Joining Plaster in this exclusive video from Paladin Press are record-holding long-range snipers Steve Reichert, Rob Furlong and Jim Gilliland. Together with Plaster, these world-class snipers show you just what it takes to win on today's battlefields. Drawing on their extensive knowledge of current tactics and techniques used by the insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan, these snipers reveal the skills and mindset needed to be a successful modern-day sniper, the marksmanship fundamentals and state-of-the-art equipment used by U.S. snipers, how to design and conduct practical shooting drills for long-range accuracy, the training and strategy used by enemy forces, and the very real threats faced by U.S. sniper teams everyday. Learn how the stopping power of the .50-caliber and other precision sniper rifles, combined with the astonishing skill of this newest generation of snipers, has redefined how we fight and prevail against the forces of terror.
To further supplement your sniping knowledge, disc two contains the following PDF files titled additional materials that can only be opened on a computer:
.308 Extended Ballistics
.338 Lapua Ballistics
Ballistic Data Cards
Building a Shooting Tripod
Calculating Mil-Dot Holdovers
Countersniping in Iraq
Employment and Effects of Weapons
Getting the Most Out of Laser Rangefinders
Jeff Hoffman's Wind Formula
Making a 2,700-Yard Shot
Point-Blank Zero M24
Rifle Data Book
Shooting in the Wind
Shooting Uphill and Downhill
Target Knob Settings at 0.1 Mil Increments
This video is a must for any serious student of sniping or military combat. For information purposes only.
Rob Furlong, a former Canadian soldier, held the world record for the longest
.50-caliber sniper kill. While on Operation Anaconda in Afghanistan in 2002, he
was credited with dispatching a Taliban fighter at 2,700 yards – or 1 1/2 miles.
A veteran of Canada's Princess Patricia Light Infantry Regiment, today Rob is a
police officer in Edmonton, Alberta.
Sergeant First Class Jim Gilliland, U.S. Army, is credited with the longest conventional
sniper rifle (7.62mm) kill in the Iraq conflict, having eliminated an insurgent
sniper at a confirmed distance of 1,367 yards. A qualified Airborne-Ranger, Jim and
his "Shadow Sniper Team" were featured in a USA Today article in which the team
was credited with more than 200 kills. A career soldier, Gilliland was an instructor
at the U.S. Army Ranger School and is now the NCOIC at the Soldier Requirment
Division, Small Arms Branch.
Steve Reichert, a former U.S. Marine sniper, is credited with the longest confirmed
kill during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Steve spent eight years with the
Marine Corps, serving as an infantryman, infantry platoon commander and platoon
sergeant, precision weapons instructor and Marine diplomatic security
guard and detachment commander,
and was the driving force in implementing
the DARPA countersniper
and XM rifle programs in the
Marine Corps. After leaving the
Corps, Steve founded Long Range
Services, Tier 1 Group (T1G) and
High Caliber Training (HTC). T1G is
a defense-related company that
provides specialized services and
training to the U.S. government
and other agencies.
DVD CHAPTER LIST 1) Shooting Fundamentals
2) Support for Shooting
3) Making and Using a Shooting Tripod
4) Distinct Levels of Shooting Practice
5) Known Distance Practice Firing
6) Preparing a Ballistics Data Card
7) Unknown Distance Practice Firing
8) Planning and Conducting Shooting Drills
9) Reactive Targets
10) Samples of Shooting Drills
11) Rifle Practice with Rimfire Rifle
12) Laser Rangefinding
13) Up/Down "Slant" Shooting and Compensation
14) Increasing role of "Heavy" Sniper Rifles
15) Extreme-Range Shooting
16) Optic Issues at Extreme Ranges
17) Surveillance to Counter IEDs
18) The Threat to U.S. Sniper Teams
19) The Terrorist Snipers We Face in the War on Terror
20) Enemy Sniper Training
21) Enemy Sniper Tactics in Iraq
22) Taliban Snipers in Afghanistan
23) Terrorist Vehicle-Borne Snipers in Iraq
24) Countering Enemy Snipers
25) Heavy rifle Anti-Material/Barrier Penetration Role
26) Heavy rifle Penetration Capabilities
27) Recent Trends in Sniper Rifles
28) Use of Short Barreled Rifles
29) Optics for Spotters and PDA use in the Field
30) Compact Periscope with Zoom Magnification
31) Greatest Counter-Sniping Success
32) Sniper Interview
(The Additional Materials folder found on Disc 2 contains 16 PDF files.)
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.