This is a downloadable product and must be downloaded within 48 hours of purchase. Download instructions will be provided in order confirmation.
When it was originally published in 1981, Training the Gunfighter was ahead of its time. It was one of the first comprehensive studies of the best ways to equip law officers to perform their duties—from choosing the best guns for the job to creating a realistic training program to understanding the legal implications of using their weapons.
Now, former law-enforcement officer, practicing attorney, and current police trainer Tim Mullin brings Training the Gunfighter up to date, combining the time-honored information from the original book with fresh insights on preparing officers—and law-abiding citizens—to use deadly force against today's violent criminals. Mullin thoroughly discusses selection and use of combat firearms and ammunition for patrol- men, plainclothes investigators, off-duty officers, undercover cops, and legally armed citizens. He studies handguns, shotguns, rifles, and special-purpose weapons from a tactical and historical perspective—and comes to some surprising conclusions about semiautomatics vs. revolvers, the utility of the venerable .38 Special, the practical value of the 20-gauge shotgun, cost-effective training methods, adequate practice ranges, and dozens of other relevant topics.
Timothy J. Mullin
is a former infantry officer in the U.S. Army and deputy U.S. marshall. He is a lifelong gun lover and fervent defender of the Second Amendment. He has written extensively on combat handguns, shotguns, rifles, and machine guns. He is the author of Letters from Elmer Keith
and 100 Greatest Combat Pistols
, both published by Paladin Press.
BOOK CHAPTER LIST
1) Handgun Types
2) Handgun Calibers
3) Handgun Selection
4) Revolver vs. Self-Loader
5) Barrel Length for Handguns
6) Is the .38 Special Obsolete?
7) Bullet Styles
8) The Law on Expanding Bullets
9) Metallic Sights
10) Handgun Grips
11) Handgun Modifications
13) Means of Carry
14) Cartridge Carriers and Loading Devices
16) Handgun Stocks
17) Long-Range Handgunnery
18) Stances: Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns
19) Burst Firing Techniques
20) Night Shooting
21) The Shotgun
22) The Submachine Gun and Rifle
24) Legal Considerations
25) Ear and Eye Protection
26) Range Construction
28) Moving and Bobbing Targets
29) Body Armor
PDF DOWNLOAD INFORMATION:
• Once purchased in PDF format, this file can be downloaded and read on your PC, Mac, Netbook or any device that supports the PDF file type*.
• After you complete your order, the file will be available for download immediately.
• You MUST download the file within 48 hours of purchase.
• A link to the download page will be included at the bottom of your order confirmation e-mail.
* This file type is compatible with the Kindle eReader, but could potentially be difficult to read.