This is the remarkable story of how Col. Rex Applegate, William Fairbairn, Eric Sykes and Wild Bill Donovan trained and employed OSS and MID commandos during WWII. Includes the facts behind the development of point shooting, knife fighting, hand-to-hand combat and a staggering number of other fighting skills as taught by the top instructors of the era. Contains rare archival photos and the Colonel's graphic original lesson plans.
The late Colonel Rex Applegate was universally recognized as America's foremost authority on close combat with or without weapons.
BOOK CHAPTER LIST
1) What Did You Do in the War?
2) With the Special Operations Executive
3) From Coordinator of Information to Office of Strategic Services
4) The Military Intelligence Division and Training Center (MITC)
5) MITC: Quick or Dead
6) MITC: Gutter Fighting
7) MITC: Go for Those Family Jewels
8) Since 1845