A uniquely American weapon, the tomahawk has been used in warfare from 18th century colonial skirmishes to the modern battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan. In this groundbreaking video, veteran Dwight McLemore has taken the painstaking research that made his book The Fighting Tomahawk such a best-seller and adapted it to video, showing not only how the tomahawk was used during the Colonial era, but also how it can be used as an almost unbeatable self-defense tool today.
In addition to the hard-and-fast tactics of tomahawk fighting, McLemore takes you through the history of the weapon and its evolution from the ball-headed war club that made the American Indians such feared hand-to-hand fighters to the razor-sharp field axe and beyond. The fighting techniques taught include learning basic grips and angles, mastering footwork that will always put you at the most advantageous position to attack, striking at close range, combining cutting and chopping, surprising your opponent with low-line kicks, and much more. He also includes dangerous live-blade work, sparring, and throwing of the weapon to give you the combat skills any frontiersman would have.
The pioneers didn't bother with martial arts dogma, and neither should you – let this video teach you how to fight like a true American warrior. For information purposes only.
Dwight C. McLemore is a retired combat arms officer with the U.S. Army and is an accomplished bladesman and instructor. He is renowned for his vast knowledge of Bowie and Big-Knife Fighting and has more than 18 years of experience in self-defense and martial arts. The owner of the School of Two Swords, McLemore is rated expert level with the American Knife Congress, is certified in kung fu and holds 1st dan in kendo.
DVD CHAPTER LIST 1) Grips, Stances, and Guards
2) Accessing the Tomahawk
3) Interlude: Touching the Face of History
4) Angles of Attack
5) Interlude: Just What Is a Tomahawk?
7) Interlude: Types of Tomahawks
8) Cutting, Chopping, and Flourishing
9) The Punch and the Rake
10) Interlude: Cultures in Conflict
11) The Kick and the Backspike
12) Interlude: The War Club
13) Blocking and Deflecting
14) Interlude: Training Equipment
15) Live Blade Practice
16) Interlude: 18th and 19th Century Rough and Tumble Fighting
18) Interlude: Hammer and Screwdriver
20) Combat Scenarios
21) Interview with Dwight C. McLemore
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.