Drawing from the functional, combat-ready movements of his best-selling Mook Jong Slam Set video, master martial artist Joseph Simonet teaches you a simple, brutal stick fighting system in this original video production from Paladin Press. In it, he focuses on teaching a streamlined version of the Slam Set, adding a stick rather than just going empty-handed. Taking best advantage of this novel approach to wooden dummy training, Simonet shows you how you can train full speed and full force on a partner that won't complain, get injured or quit.
This isn't the fancy stick-dancing you may have seen in other instructional videos: it's a hard-core, street-ready fighting system that teaches crippling strikes with both the business end and the handle end; close-range attacks that can lead to applying chokes, locks and takedowns; two-handed stick hits to your opponent's most vital areas; and more.
If you're looking for complicated flow drills and finesse-filled techniques, go elsewhere. The Club Set is all about finishing your opponent using the simplest of weapons in the easiest, most effective way. For information purposes only.
Best-selling Paladin author Joseph Simonet is one of the most accomplished practitioners of the Indonesian art of Pentjak Silat in the United States. He is a certified instructor in five different martial arts systems. With Addy Hernandez, he operates KI Fighting Concepts in Wenatchee, WA, and teaches seminars on various martial arts subjects around the country. Learn more about their work and programs at their website.
DVD CHAPTER LIST 1) The First Two Movements
2) Moving Forward and Through
3) Stick Locks, Chokes, and Throws
4) The End of the Club Set
5) The Bong Sau and Two-Hand Stick Basics
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.