Learn the lost art of armor making from Peter Fuller, one of the few modern masters of the craft.
In The Armorer's Workshop: Volume 1, Fuller covers every step of this project in meticulous detail, including cutting the pieces, shaping, riveting, polishing, and much, much more. The skills taught in this video will not only enable you to make your own historically accurate, battle-worthy helmet, they represent a comprehensive apprenticeship in the armorer's craft.
In The Armorer's Workshop: Volume 2, Fuller builds on the skills he imparted in the first volume, taking you step-by-step through the creation of the smaller, more detailed pieces that make up a pair of hourglass gauntlets. He teaches you how to weld and sand individual pieces into a strong assembly, anneal and shape brass to make it easy to work, chase fine lines into your piece for historical accuracy and polish even the smallest pieces of steel to a mirror finish consistent with the appearance of 16th century armor. Includes full-scale patterns for the gauntlets and specialized armor-making tools, including the fluting tool.
Peter Fuller is a former curator of the historical arms and armor exhibit at the Glenbow Museum in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Through years of painstaking research of authentic period armor, he rediscovered the skills of traditional armorcraft. As owner of Medieval Reproductions, Fuller has more than 21 years of experience handcrafting the highest quality reproduction arms, armor and period accessories for collectors all over the world.
DVD CHAPTER LIST
PART 1 1) Tools and Equipment
3) Cutting & Profiling
4) Shaping the Top Front & Top Back Pieces
5) Fitting the Top Front & Top Back Pieces
7) Raising the Cap
8) Planishing the Cap
9) Fitting and Sanding the Cap
11) Assembling the Top Half
12) Making the Bottom Back Piece
13) Cutting the Webbing and Attaching the Bottom Back Piece
14) Making, Fitting, and Finishing the Bottom Front Piece
15) Final Assembly and Construction of the Lining
PART 2 16) Tools and Materials
17) Cuff and Metacarpal Plate
19) Brass Decorations
20) Finger Plates
21) Attaching the Glove to the Gauntlet
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.