In the first volume of his Street Self-Defense System series, fighting instructor Mark Hatmaker shared his hard-core, results-oriented techniques and tactics for prevailing in unarmed encounters. Now he brings the same real-life approach to defeating an armed assailant in Street Self-Defense System: X Weapon Techniques against Armed Attackers.
In this video, Hatmaker defines the concept of "X" weapon, where "X" could mean anything from a situation where both you and your assailant are armed to one in which you are unarmed while your assailant has a weapon that is undrawn so you are unsure exactly what it is right away. "X" could also be a movement pattern, and Hatmaker teaches how to build a self-defense system that will allow you to react instantly to a threat, using the same moves and combinations with any type of weapon, even during a chaotic situation. In this video, you will see that there are many weapons of opportunity in your environment that, properly identified and employed, can serve you well as defensive weapons. Hatmaker demonstrates how these improvised single-hand or double-hand weapons can be used effectively as slashing, thrusting, cudgel, projectile, flexible, or smashing weapons.
Street Self-Defense System: X Weapon Techniques against Armed Attackers presents an impressive array of moving patterns, combinations of movements, cognitive drills, and fluid attacks that can be used to disarm and beat an attacker armed with a weapon.
is a lifelong student of the martial arts with more than 24 years of experience in Western boxing, wrestling, and no-holds-barred fighting. Known as "The Professor of Grappling," he is widely recognized for his pragmatic, results-oriented approach to combat training. Hatmaker conducts regular seminars across the country and can be visited at his website: www.extremeselfprotection.com
DVD CHAPTER LIST
1) Classes of Weapons
2) Single-Hand Weapon Offenses
- Single-Hand Slashing Weapons
- Single-Hand Thrusting Weapons
- Single-Hand Cudgel Weapons
- Single-Hand Smashing Weapons
- Single-Hand Flexible Weapons
- Single-Hand Projectile Weapons
3) Two-Handed Weapon Offenses
- Two-Hand Thrusting Weapons
- Two-Hand Smashing Weapons
- Two-Hand Flexible Weapons
- Two-Hand Projectile Weapons
4) Blending Classes of Weapons
- Ground Zero Weaponry
5) Unarmed Defenses Against Weapons
- Standing Muffle
- Seated Muffle
- Grounded Muffle
- Slap Muffle
- Fluid Assaults
- Zero Pressure
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player.
If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products.
Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
- New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
- Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy.
Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.
If you prefer to watch the videos online, without downloading them to your device, go to Paladin On Demand Cloud
If you have additional questions about the downloadable products, click here