Most gunfights involving an armed civilian occur within the range of zero to three feet. At that close-quarter distance, you're not going to have the room or opportunity to push the gun out, get on the sights, and fire a perfect double-tap into your assailant's "X-ring." So how do you end the threat, even at contact distance, without shooting yourself or someone you didn't mean to? In this video, firearms expert Matthew Temkin teaches you how to get man-stopping accuracy at that critical close range using total target focus, also known as point shooting. Taught point shooting by Col. Rex Applegate himself, Temkin shows you how to transform your body's natural startle reflex when confronted with an immediate lethal threat into a method of close-quarter gunfighting suitable for military, police, or civilian application. Temkin emphasizes point shooting's practicality by teaching the fundamentals: one- and two-handed shooting, burst shooting, turns and pivots, the combat drawstroke, proper targeting, and much more. This program won't supplant aimed fire from behind cover, but is an invaluable part of any combat shooter's arsenal. For information purposes only.
Matthew Temkin has been a student of the WWII special forces approach to armed and unarmed combat since childhood. His instructors have included his father(who was a member of Darby's Rangers in WWII), Col. Rex Applegate, and dozens of military/police combat veterans from WWII to the present. He has taught these skills for over 20 years to scores of law enforcement officers, members of the military and armed citizens alike.
Click here for more information and to download a podcast interview with Matthew Temkin.
DVD CHAPTER LIST 1) The Accuracy of Point Shooting
2) Basic Point Shooting Drills
- Burst Shooting
3) Shooting and Moving
4) One-Handed Shooting Fundamentals
- One-Handed Burst Shooting
5) Vertical Tracking and Multiple Assailants
- Vertical Tracking
- Multiple Assailants
- Turns and Pivots
6) In-Quartata and Contact Shooting
7) Hip Shooting
8) Vital Concepts and Techniques
- The Combat Drawstroke
- The Benefits of Position Sul
- Retention Shooting
9) The "S" Drill
After purchasing this product in the downloadable format, you will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your computer, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your computer, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Returning customers will enter their email address and their previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products appear in the upper right-hand section of the main screen.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information.