This is a downloadable product and must be downloaded within 48 hours of purchase. Download instructions will be provided in order confirmation.
In today's high-tech world, technology often breeds an overreliance on a specific system, as is the case when SWAT teams depend too heavily on radio communications. Radios can and often do fail as a result of equipment breakdown, weak batteries, "dead spots", power limitations, poor radio operating procedures, lack of training, or adversary exploitation. The resulting loss on communication will most always cause a loss of control, but how much that compromises the operation depends on the SWAT team's proficiency in using alternative methods.
In this book, Tony L. Jones, a tactical/security consultant with years of experience in SWAT team leadership and training, presents a wide variety of communication methods that SWAT teams can utilize during a tactical operation. Following an in-depth discussion of radio operating procedure and equipment, Jones offers detailed instruction in the effective use of hand and arm signals, telephones, pyrotechnics, light signals, messengers, and more. In addition, he examines the advantages and drawbacks of each method, as well as how its strength can be exploited and its inherent weaknesses avoided.
SWAT operations are hazardous enough without conceding a measure of lost control due to a breakdown in communications. By training in the methods outlined in this manual, SWAT organizations can ensure the kind of clear, secure, and accurate communications that will enable them to operate effectively in teams and are critical to any mission's success.
BOOK CHAPTER LIST
1) Radio Communications
2) Hand and Arm Signals
3) Alternate Communication Methods
4) Equipment Sources
PDF DOWNLOAD INFORMATION:
• Once purchased in PDF format, this file can be downloaded and read on your PC, Mac, Netbook or any device that supports the PDF file type*.
• After you complete your order, the file will be available for download immediately.
• You MUST download the file within 48 hours of purchase.
• A link to the download page will be included at the bottom of your order confirmation e-mail.
* This file type is compatible with the Kindle eReader, but could potentially be difficult to read.