"You will either master the pistol or the pistol will master you."
To fire perfect shots, you must train for perfect shots. But whether you want to shoot squirrels, punch holes in paper targets, or defend your home, there is only one path to achieving consistent accuracy with a handgun: mastering the fundamentals of marksmanship. Written by a former U.S. Marine Corps firearms instructor who has taught more than a thousand law enforcement, military, and security personnel, The Perfect Pistol
Shot uses succinct lessons, uncommon exercises, and real-world stories to provide a fresh look at a vital topic for all gunmen. It includes:
- The single most important "trick" to perfecting handgun marksmanship
- A simple concept for learning how to shoot a gun twice as fast
- A series of unique "Prove It" exercises that allow you to test the concepts offered without the pressure of actual shooting
- An entertaining chapter on guns, gun magazines, and gun gurus that will help you make wiser choices about your training
Knowing how to engage targets is valuable for the defensive shooter, but if "engaging" doesn't translate into "hitting," what's the point? You must have a solid foundation on which to build tactical skills. Your reward will be conversion from just another hapless shooter into an independent marksman.
Albert League, a former Marine Corps firearms instructor, has
trained more than a thousand law enforcement, military, and security
personnel. Following a stateside law enforcement career, he served as
commander of an international police station in Kosovo. Recently, he
has worked as a security contractor and firearm consultant.
BOOK CHAPTER LIST
1) Safety (Mind)
2) Sighting (Eyes)
3) Trigger Control and Grip (Hands)
4) Body Alignment and Natural Point of Aim (Body)
5) Breathing (Lungs)
6) Putting it Together (The Perfect Pistol Shot)
7) Training and Correcting Errors (Self-Coaching)
8) Guns, Gurus, and the End of a Remarkably Good Book