This is a downloadable product and must be downloaded within 48 hours of purchase. Download instructions will be provided in order confirmation.
Moving to a foreign country can be exciting, but it can also be scary,
especially for Americans. Overseas Americans—the essential handbook
for U.S. citizens living or working abroad—includes vital information
and actual documents from all the government agencies that you will
have to deal with: the IRS, State Department, Social Security
Administration, Justice Department, Customs, embassies, consulates,
and a host of others. This invaluable guide gives you everything you
need to know before you go, regardless of where you plan to live or
work, or for how long you plan on being out of the country:
- Must I pay U.S. taxes?
- What travel documents, visas, or work permits will I need?
- How can I find out if a country is dangerous for Americans?
- What help can I expect from the U.S. government if I get in trouble?
- How difficult is it to find a job overseas—without getting scammed?
- Can I lose my U.S. citizenship by living abroad?
- Will my health insurance be good in a foreign country?
- Can I have my Social Security or retirement check sent overseas?
- Can I vote in U.S. elections if I live abroad?
In addition to answers to these and other frequently asked questions,
it provides an annotated, up-to-the-minute list of the most helpful Web
sites for Americans abroad. And to make sure you always know the most
recent news and information vital to Americans abroad, you will receive
the password to a special Web site just for readers of Overseas Americans.
If you plan on starting a life overseas, do it the smart way, without
risking your money, your citizenship, your health, or your life. Don't
leave home without this book!
PDF DOWNLOAD INFORMATION:
• Once purchased in PDF format, this file can be downloaded and read on your PC, Mac, Netbook or any device that supports the PDF file type*.
• After you complete your order, the file will be available for download immediately.
• You MUST download the file within 48 hours of purchase.
• A link to the download page will be included in your order confirmation e-mail.
* This file type is compatible with the Kindle eReader, but could potentially be difficult to read. Please download the free sample PDF
to test the file on your Kindle before purchasing.