Kelly McCann's Inside the Crucible Volume 3: Situational Combatives and Knife Fighting
An Exclusive Look at Kelly McCann's Individual Protective Measures Course
with Kelly McCann, aka Jim Grover
805966 039831 80 minutes
Paladin's documentation of personal security and counterterrorism expert Kelly McCann's in-your-face, combat-proven Individual Protective Measures Course continues in this third volume of the series. Drawing upon principles taught in his best-selling Combatives video series, McCann first teaches wall techniques: unarmed combative techniques designed to turn the tables on your attacker when he has you pinned against the wall with one or both hands. Next, he shows you how to deal effectively with a straight punch, perhaps the most difficult punch to defend against. From there, he goes into realistic unarmed defenses against shoulder weapons, such as rifles and shotguns.
Then, for the first time captured on video, McCann teaches his no-nonsense knife fighting program, focusing on carry methods of the tactical folding knife, rapid opening and deployment when under attack, snap-cutting to keep your opponent at bay, use of the knife when closed and unarmed defense against knife attacks. For information purposes only.
Kelly McCann is one of America's foremost experts on personal and corporate security, armed and unarmed combat, and antiterrorist tactics. As the CEO of Crucible Security Specialists, he and his staff have provided security training for audiences ranging from elite U.S. counterterrorist units to Fortune 500 executives. He is also known to the public as "Jim Grover," former personal security editor for Guns and Ammo magazine and noted author of numerous instructional videos on armed and unarmed close combat and the best-selling book Street Smarts, Firearms, and Personal Security.
DVD CHAPTER LIST 1) Wall Techniques
- Breaking the Opponent's Base
- Striking the Opponent's Midsection
2) Straight Punch Defenses
- Cover, Coil, Clear, and Counter
- The Spearing Elbow
3) Unarmed Defenses Against Shoulder Weapons
- From the Front
- From the Rear
4) Knife Fighting
- Draw, Opening and Deployment of the Knife into a Rear Guard Stance
- The Forward Guard Stance and Snap-Cutting
- Alternative Carry Method and Use of the Knife when Closed
- Snap-Cutting on Practice Pads
- Integrating a Face Mash and a Cut with the Knife
- Foiling a Lapel Grab/Choke Attempt with the Knife
- Some Comments on Reverse-Grip Knife Fighting
- Integrating a Shin Kick and a Knife Draw
- Integrating a Knee Strike and a Knife Draw
- Knife Against Empty Hand Sparring
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.