This video is available only as a downloadable product. Video On Demand info and download instructions will be provided in order confirmation.
With the prevalence of mixed martial arts in today's media, the street thug now has a new weapon in his arsenal: grappling. You need to be prepared to deal with the MMA-enhanced street fighter, and this video with Kelly McCann will teach you how to take out any mixed martial artist, from the wannabe wrestler to the proficient brawler. Going far beyond the groundfighting material he taught in his best-selling Jim Grover's Combatives series, McCann shows you combatives-oriented defenses against common MMA set-ups such as the devastating triangle choke, the crippling Muay Thai leg kick, the tackle attempt, and much more. McCann's lesson is that you don't have to fear the groundfighter: defeat him with simple, brutal techniques proven through the experience of real-world violent encounters, not half-baked martial arts moves taught by Walter Mittys wearing black. The Crucible's motto is "Nothing we do is competition legal, because your life's no game." Take that to heart and beat the grappler whichever way he tries to attack you. For information purposes only.
is one of America's foremost experts on personal and corporate security, armed and unarmed combat, and antiterrorist tactics. As the CEO of Crucible Security Specialists
, he and his staff have provided security training for audiences ranging from elite U.S. counterterrorist units to Fortune 500 executives. He is also known to the public as "Jim Grover," former personal security editor for Guns and Ammo
magazine and noted author of numerous instructional videos on armed and unarmed close combat and the best-selling book Street Smarts, Firearms, and Personal Security
DVD CHAPTER LIST
1) The Clinch
- Blocking with Elbow Points
- Spearing Elbow
- Slashing Elbow
- Groin Attack
- Straight Knee
- Slap and Tap
- Sprawl and Strike – Apexing
- Vertical Elbow Strike to Back of the Head
- Attack eyes with Near Side Hand and Transfer to Opposite Hand
3) Muay Thai Leg Kick
- Unweight the Leg
- Turn the Leg Out
- Dump the Knee In
- Take the Hit to Get a Counter-Punch
- Angle/Hook Kick
4) Triangle Choke
- Elbow to Groin
- Clavicle Claw/Clavicle Notch Attack
- Attack the Eyes
5) Rear Naked Choke
- Small Joint Manipulation/Digit Damage
- Clear Folder, Use as Point Pressure Device
- Grab Toe of Shoe, Manipulate
- Clear Folder, Stabilize Arm, Cut Out
- Set Elbow into His Groin
- Access Folder, Use as Point Pressure Device or Cut Out
7) Standing Armbars
8) Mount Position
- Knee Strike to Spine, Then Attack Eyes, Clavicle
- Knife as Point Pressure Device on Trapped Hands
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player.
If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products.
Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
- New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
- Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy.
Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.
If you prefer to watch the videos online, without downloading them to your device, go to Paladin On Demand Cloud
If you have additional questions about the downloadable products, click here