This video is available only as a downloadable product. Video On Demand info and download instructions will be provided in order confirmation.
The father of modern defensive pistolcraft, Jeff Cooper was renowned not only for his practical instruction on defensive weaponcraft and safety, but also for his groundbreaking ideas on defensive mental conditioning. Originally produced in 1986, Jeff Cooper's Defensive Pistolcraft Tape Series offers a unique look at the core concepts that are the foundation of the Modern Technique of Pistolcraft.
Volume 1: Defensive Pistol Handling covers Cooper's five elements of practical shooting and the four safety rules of firearm use.
Volume 2: Pistol Readiness and Marksmanship offers the viewer instruction in making your pistol ready for defensive use, dry-firing and shooting positions. This volume also features Louis Awerbuck teaching loading techniques, malfunction clearance and "reading your target."
Volume 3: Mindset is perhaps the most important of the four volumes. In it Jeff Cooper discusses the "problem of doing it," defines the "color code system" and discusses the conditions of firearm readiness.
Volume 4: Ammo: Power of the Pistol covers pistol caliber, ammunition choice and stopping power.
Paladin Press is proud to offer this historic four-volume series in a single collection on DVD.
The late Jeff Cooper was one of the true pioneers of weaponcraft in the United States. His numerous accomplishments include founder of Gunsite Ranch, editor at large of Guns & Ammo magazine, winner of the Outstanding American Handgunner award in 1995, Rangemaster Emeritus of the U.S. Practical Shooting Association and long-time member of the board of directors of the National Rifle Association.
DVD CHAPTER LIST 1) Defensive Pistol Handling
- Five Elements of Practical Shooting
- Four Principles of Firearm Safety
2) Pistol Readiness and Marksmanship
- Making Your Pistol Ready
- Dry Firing
- Mechanics of the Weapon
- Loading the Weapon
- Weapon Malfunctions
- How to Read Your Target
- Firing from the Kneeling Position
- Firing from the Prone Position
- Low Light Shooting
- Mental Condition Color Codes
- Weapon Condition of Readiness
4) "Ammo" Power of the Pistol
- A Brief History of the Pistol
- The Power of the Pistol: Ammunition
- Measuring the Power of the Projectile
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.