From airplanes to office buildings, there are dozens of places where you're just not allowed to carry your legally permitted weapon, whether that's a folding knife, baton or firearm. In this original video production from Paladin Press, master martial artist Scott Homschek teaches you how to take some of the most common items we see every day – including power cords, belts, neckties, trash bags and more – and turn them into invaluable tools for self-defense. Using an easily acquired training rope, Homschek first teaches the basic slashing and striking techniques for flexible weapons and shows you how to build up incredible striking power. He then instructs you in dozens of fighting techniques with the rope that will not only keep your attacker from laying a glove on you but also put him on the turf and keep him there permanently. For information purposes only.
A 4th-degree black belt in the World Tang Soo Do Association, Scott Homschek has spent more than 10 years developing an improvised flexible weapons system. Scott and his wife, Julia, operate two martial arts schools in the suburbs of Pittsburgh.
DVD CHAPTER LIST
1) Fundamental Concepts
- Preparing a Training Rope
- Types of Targets
- The Four Count Drill
- Four Count Drill with a Partner
- Targeted Striking on Stationary Target
- Target Striking on Moving Targets
- Demonstration of Slashing Power
- Warding Off an Attacker
- Partner Drills
- Stationary Foam Block Drills
- Effectiveness of Accurate Popping
- Tossed Foam Block Drills
- Popping and Slashing Drills
- Hard Blocks
- Partner Drills for Hard Blocks
- Hard Blocks on the High and Low Lines
- Soft Blocks
- Partner Drills for Soft Blocks
- Soft Blocks on the High and Low Lines
6) Specific Techniques
- Hard Block: Inside Lines
- Soft Blocks: Outside Line
- Soft Blocks: Inside Line
- Open Hand Blocks: Outside Line
- Open Hand Blocks: Inside Line
- Straight Line Blocks
7) Putting It All Together
- Carry and Deployment
- Flexible Weapons in Combat
- Everyday Flexible Items
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player.
If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products.
Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
- New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
- Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy.
Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.
If you prefer to watch the videos online, without downloading them to your device, go to Paladin On Demand Cloud
If you have additional questions about the downloadable products, click here