Move beyond the static square range and into the world of intense interactive training with replica firearms against live human adversaries under real-world conditions. This type of training not only accustoms you to what a human being (as opposed to a paper target) looks like in your gun sights, it gets you used to maneuvering around an adversary and lends a powerful sense of reality to what has previously been a technical exercise. Internationally acclaimed combat shooting instructor Gabriel Suarez shows why such training is essential to the complete development of the gunfighter. In addition, he tells you how to implement it, presenting specific drills and scenarios and addressing role-playing, levels of simulation, ranges of conflict, use of cover, the angular search, hostile-contact procedures and low-light considerations, as well as safety issues and equipment concerns.
Gabe Suarez is a veteran of Southern California law enforcement, where he has served for many years. His extensive field experience includes single officer patrol, gang enforcement, special operations and tactical training. He was one of the founding members of his department's Special Weapons and Tactical Precision Rifle teams.
BOOK CHAPTER LIST
1) Dynamics of a Real Gunfight vs. Range Drills
2) The Force-on-Force Solution
3) The Role of the Antagonist (Bad Guy)
4) The Mission of the Good Guy
5) Marking or Nonmarking?
6) The Levels of Simulation-How Hard do You want to Go?
7) The Ranges of Conflict
8) Necessary Safety Precautions
9) Airsoft and Other Necessary Gear
10) Line Drills-Force-on0Force Basics
11) Simple Scenario Drills-Force-on-Force Applications
12) Complex Scenario Drills
13) Integrated Scenarios
14) Full-Contact Scenarios
15) Using Cover
16) Staple of Tactical Movement-Angular Search
17) Hostile-Contact Procedures
18) Low-Light Gunfighting (Force-on-Force)