Turning Martial Arts Theory into Self-Defense Reality
with Sifu Al Dacascos
805966 062839 180 minutes
Founder of the brutal Wun Hop Kuen Do style of Kajukenbo, Sifu Al Dacascos is no stranger to real-world violence, and in this video, he teaches you how to bridge the gap between dojo-based martial arts and gutter-based self-defense. Basing his techniques on what works on the street and only on what works on the street, he shows functional, vicious attacks and counterattacks to keep your opponent in pain, off-balance and wishing he'd picked on somebody else.
In Volume One: Introductory Concepts, you will learn the basics of range, attack angles and how to target your attacker's weak spots. Dacascos then turns up the heat in Volume Two: Fundamental Techniques, teaching hard-hitting attack and defense drills, feints and deceptions, hand trapping and more. Wrapping it up with Volume Three: Real-World Applications, he shows you defenses and counterattacks against many common street assaults, including dealing with multiple opponents. Fighting is a nasty business: learn from his decades of experience rather than the risk of trial and error. For information purposes only.
Born in Hawaii of Chinese-Filipino heritage, Al Dacascos devoted his life to learning, practicing and teaching the arts of self-defense. Training with other legends of his time, he has defined his path through the Wun Hop Kuen Do style of Kajukenbo. From Black Belt Magazine's 1977 Kung Fu Artist of the Year to United International Kung Fu Federation's Hall of Fame, Grand Master Dacascos holds many honors, none more important than to be the father of television and movie star Mark Dacascos.
DVD CHAPTER LIST 1) Ranges of Combat
- Range 1: Inside Range
- Range 2: Punching Range
- Range 3: Kicking Range
- Range 4: Edged and Blunt Weapons Range
- Range 5: Projectile Weapons Range
2) Targeting and Levels
5) Street Stages
7) Hand Trapping
9) 15-Count Drill
10) 6-Count Drill and 8-Count High-Low
11) Explosion Drill
12) Mobility and Pivot Points
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.