This is a downloadable product and must be downloaded within 48 hours of purchase. Download instructions will be provided in order confirmation.
Custom Rifles was a tour de force in the world of customized rifles when it was originally published in the 1950s, and it is still relevant today. The custom rifle is much more than just another shooting implement. Certainly, accuracy may be greatly improved over a particular rifle's off-the-shelf cousins, but the main reason that people customize rifles is to take advantage of the skills of the individual gunsmith and stockmaker to produce something that fits the individual needs of the owner. In this book, noted author and rifleman Jeff Cooper explains the different designs of action, custom barrels, the best types of wood for making stocks and of course the popular calibers of ammunition in use at the time, many of which are still with us today.
Custom Rifles is more than just a book for the would-be customizer. It offers excellent information on what improves or affects the performance of a fine rifle.
NOTE: We decided to reprint these books as they appeared a half century ago, recognizing that the original quality of the printed matter and the photographs and illustrations does not meet our usual high standards for publication. We feel that making this information available again outweighs any production shortcomings.
The late Jeff Cooper was one of the true pioneers of weaponcraft in the United States. His numerous accomplishments include founder of Gunsite Ranch, editor at large of Guns & Ammo magazine, winner of the Outstanding American Handgunner award in 1995, Rangemaster Emeritus of the U.S. Practical Shooting Association and long-time member of the board of directors of the National Rifle Association.
BOOK CHAPTER LIST
1) Symbol of Mastery - The Rifle
2) Why Customizing?
4) Barrels and Stocks
5) Sight and Accessories
7) Shooting Performance
8) Catalog of Calibers
9) Field Marksmanship
10) The Future
PDF DOWNLOAD INFORMATION:
• Once purchased in PDF format, this file can be downloaded and read on your PC, Mac, Netbook or any device that supports the PDF file type*.
• After you complete your order, the file will be available for download immediately.
• You MUST download the file within 48 hours of purchase.
• A link to the download page will be included at the bottom of your order confirmation e-mail.
* This file type is compatible with the Kindle eReader, but could potentially be difficult to read.