This is a downloadable product and must be downloaded within 48 hours of purchase. Download instructions will be provided in order confirmation.
Learning to use a rifle in combat requires more than reading a book, watching a video or even taking a hands-on course. You'll also need to hone your skills through task-specific practice. In this book, world-class firearms instructor Andy Stanford provides practical drills and exercises that will assist you in doing just that.
The cutting-edge training described in Combat Rifle Marksmanship Exercises far exceeds that offered by even most military special operations units and is a potentially life-saving resource for SWAT teams, infantry units and private citizens. But Stanford does far more than simply describe how you should practice marksmanship; he puts you through your paces with slow- and rapid-fire drills and live-fire exercises designed to teach you how to "train like you fight," including manipulating the trigger automatically, assuming shooting positions quickly, reloading a weapon reflexively under stress, cycling manually operated rifles (e.g., bolt-actions) without removing the butt from the shoulder, leading a moving target and following through after the shot.
Whatever your current skill level, this book will provide the guidance you need to improve your practical rifle prowess at the range, on the street or in the field. It is the perfect companion to Jeff Cooper's Art of the Rifle and Kelly McCann's Tactical Carbine.
's training résumé includes every major combat shooting instructor and school in the country. An IDPA Master Class shooter, Stanford won first overall at the 1994 National Tactical Invitational and second overall in 1998. He is the director of Options for Personal Security, which offers cutting-edge training across the United States and around the world. You may reach him at his web site.
BOOK CHAPTER LIST
1) The Building-Block Approach to Training
2) Targets and Standards
4) Zeroing (and Initial Live-Fire Practice with Support)
5) Slow-Fire Shooting from Field Positions
6) Rapid-Fire Practice (The "A" Drill)
8) Rifle 10
9) Combat Known Distance, Combat Transition, and Combat Night Courses
10) Soldier of Fortune 1990 Rifle Exercises
11) Southern California Tactical Combat Long-Range Event
12) Lateral Scrambler
13) Man-Against-Man Eliminations
14) Tres Banditos
15) Tres Con Tres
16) Moving-Target Practice
17) Full-Surprise Exercises
18) Close-Range Dot Drills
19) The "X" Drill
20) A Combat Rifle Reference List
PDF DOWNLOAD INFORMATION:
• Once purchased in PDF format, this file can be downloaded and read on your PC, Mac, Netbook or any device that supports the PDF file type*.
• After you complete your order, the file will be available for download immediately.
• You MUST download the file within 48 hours of purchase.
• A link to the download page will be included in your order confirmation e-mail.