Lethal Personal Combat for the Street (DOWNLOAD ONLY)
with Jim Arvanitis
805966 064734 400 minutes
In this exclusive five-volume video and companion guidebook set from Paladin Press, Jim Arvanitis, the father of Modern Pankration, expands on the secrets of pankration covered in his earlier DVD ( Secrets of Pankration ) and book ( Pankration ). In this new look at the modern applications of the ancient Greek martial art, Arvanitis combines the basic anatomy of high-risk altercations, awareness of potential assault methods, and the phases of engagement into a devastating personal combat arsenal. Advanced training in ground fighting, unarmed knife defense fundamentals, close-quarters firearm defense, situational awareness, tactical positioning, combat motion, and creating winning attack angles will provide you with the techniques and confidence you'll need when confronted with violence on the street. Employing open-hand upper-body striking tools, Arvanitis demonstrates powerful tactics that emphasize pinpoint accuracy, precise timing, and speed. Leaving no stone unturned, this complete set will take you through mobility, lower-body strikes, preemptive striking, disabling locks, and takedowns. Looking for that extra edge when it comes to street-ready self-defense? Battlefield Pankration prepares you for any encounter, on the street or in a combat zone. For information purposes only.
Jim Arvanitis is internationally renowned as the father of modern pankration. He has made it his life's work to rebuild the ancient Greek combat sport into a modern cross-training martial arts system. Grandmaster Arvanitis has been featured in all the top martial arts magazines, including Inside Kung-Fu, Official Karate and Black Belt.
DVD CHAPTER LIST 1) Fundamentals and Precision Strikes
- Potential Assault Methods
- Stages of Combat Engagement
- Readiness/Situational Control
- Precision Strikes
2) Punches, Kicks, and Other Body Weapons
- Upper Body Tools
- Lower Body Tools
3) Standup Tactical Striking
- Preemptive Strike
- Defensive Techniques Against Strikes
- Stop-Hits/ Interceptions
4) Standup Grappling
- Holding and Hitting
- Uproots: Takedowns
- Uproot: Kick Catches
- Follow-Ups to Uproot
- Disabling Locks
5) Ground Fighting Tactics
- Avoiding the Ground
- Back-to-Ground Positions
- Basic Tactics from Your Back
- Getting Up from the Ground
6) Countermeasures Against Edged Weapons
- Knife Defense Fundamentals
- Grips, Strikes, and Major Targets to Protect
- Steps in Unarmed Knife Defense
- Unarmed Defenses Against Impending Knife Threats
- Unarmed Knife Attack Defenses
- Armed Counter Knife Defenses
7) Defenses Against Firearms and Other Weapons
- Principles of Firearm Defense
- Neutralizing a Threat at Gunpoint
- Defenses Against Impact Weapons
After purchasing this product in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information. You will be required to follow these three steps to watch your video(s).
1. Download and install the Paladin Press On Demand Player. If you don't already have the Paladin Press On Demand player app on your device, please download and install it by clicking one of the buttons below:
2. Refresh your list of owned products. Launch Paladin Press On Demand and click the "refresh" button in the upper right-hand area.
New customers. If this is the first time you've launched this program on your device, you'll need to enter your email address, and other access information that will be provided to you in the order-confirmation email.
Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Now, you will see your newly purchased products in the player app.
3. Download your products and enjoy. Click any or all your products to begin downloading. As soon as you see a "play" button, click it to start viewing.