On Demand Download InformationAfter purchasing a video in a downloadable format, you will receive a link in the order confirmation email with instructions and other download information.
Paladin’s On Demand platform is serviced by an independent contractor, Platform Purple, and we have been assured that the current video database will remain available for online streaming and download after Paladin Press closes its business operations.
For streaming the videos go to Paladin Library, and sign in with your current account. Further purchases will not be available, as the platform will be frozen as is, due to copyright permissions.
- New customers. If this is the first time you've purchased on demand videos from Paladin, the email address that you provided while completing your order will be both the email address and password required to log in. After logging in for the first time, you will be able to change your password in the account settings page. Click here to change your password.
- Returning customers. Enter your email address and your previously set-up password.
Along with streaming, you can download any of your purchases through the Purple Player apps. When you download a product through one of the apps, it downloads to your local hard drive or mobile storage, and you will enjoy perfect playback, even if your internet connection is slow or intermittent, or even if you are completely offline. The links to download the free apps are at the top of your library page. Just click on the icon of the device for which you want to get an app. These apps are available for the following:
- Windows laptop and desktop computers
- Macintosh laptop and desktop computers
- iOS mobile devices like iPads, iPhones and iPods
- Android tablets and smartphones
We strongly recommend that you download your videos to your local computer and make a copy of your local library by saving all files to a separate hard drive, just to be on the safe side. All these videos are encrypted with a proprietary codec that will allow playing the media files only with the apps developed by Platform Purple.
The download locations for Paladin’s video files are:
- Windows PC (computer, laptop, or Windows 10 tablet) – System drive/partition –\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\LeapingBrain\catalog
- Mac OS (computer and laptop) – System drive/partition – \Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Library\Application Support\LeapingBrain\catalog
- Android devices – storage\emulated\0\PurplePlayer\downloads
Each video product has its own subfolder in the above mentioned locations. If at any point you’ll not be able to download the files from the on demand servers, you can copy the backup files to the player’s default location.
For customer support contact Platform Purple.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How long does it take to download a product?
A. It depends on the speed of your Internet connection, but with a fast broadband connection, you can start watching in just a few minutes while the rest of the product downloads in the background.
- Q. What quality are the downloads?
A. The video and audio quality is as good as on a DVD, and in some cases, you will get better quality on the download (with an HD product).
- Q. Will I get everything that comes with the DVD?
A. Yes, any additional materials, like PDF files, that are included with a DVD are also included in the download.
- Q. Can I watch my purchases on my iPad, iPhone, and Android devices?
A. The Paladin Press On Demand Player is compatible with the “purple:player for iOS” app in the Apple App Store. Click here to download the player to your iPad and iPhone. If you have an Apple TV, you can also watch your video wirelessly on your TV via AirPlay. The Paladin On Demand app for Android devices is on Google Play. Click here to download the app for your Android device. Please see the “Help Center” in the Paladin Press On Demand Player software to find out more.
- Q. Can I enjoy my digital purchases even if I’m not connected to the Internet?
A. Unlike streaming videos, you can take your laptop or mobile device to the dojo or shooting range and watch anything you’ve purchased and downloaded in full quality.
- Q. Can I access my digital purchases on a different computer than the one I purchased them on? What if my hard drive crashes or I buy a new computer?
A. Unlike a DVD that might become damaged, or lost, you will never lose access to a Paladin Press On Demand video. Follow the steps described above to install the on demand app or to watch your videos on the Cloud.
- Q. How do I change the password for my Paladin On Demand account?
A. If you would like to change your password for your Paladin On Demand account, please login to the Paladin On Demand Cloud. After logging in, click 'Options' and 'My Account' in the top right corner, and you will be able to change your password.